The Audition Process
The Chets Worship Team is accepting all auditions for volunteer musicians via video submissions. To know a little more about our team of volunteers, please read this. We are always excited to meet new musicians and we’re looking forward to seeing your videos!
We will review your videos and email you back within one week with the next steps in the process. If you play multiple instruments and want to audition with them all, we ask that you submit videos for each individually (this includes vocalists who also play instruments).
Should you have any questions during the audition process, or to schedule an in-person audition, please contact the worship leader for your campus:
Preparing for Your Audition
We know some of these songs have a certain degree of difficulty to them. We are not expecting you to perform them perfectly. Please don't get discouraged if you can't get everything right. Doing your best will help us to discern your current skill level.
Band (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass, keys, drums)
Download the Audition Resources below and you will play "Lion And The Lamb" by Leeland. In addition to these resources you can also view tutorial videos for each instrument here:
- Male - Download the Audition Resources below and you will sing “Call Upon The Lord" by Elevation. Please sing the melody and tenor harmony part (if you are able). Then sing a verse and chorus of a song of your choice both a cappella (no accompaniment).
- Female - Download the Audition Resources below and you will sing “What A Beautiful Name” by Hillsong. Please sing the melody and alto harmony part (if you are able). Then sing a verse and chorus of a song of your choice both a cappella (no accompaniment).
- If you play an instrument not listed above we still want to hear from you! From time to time we have need for different instrumentation.
- Please upload a video of you playing two songs of your choice on your instrument with the instructions below.
- This includes, but is not limited to, cello, violin, trombone, trumpet, saxophone, banjo, and mandolin.
Creating and Submitting Your Audition Video
- Rehearse. Download the audition resources package and follow the instructions in the "Video Auditions How To" document.
- Upload. Upload your video via YouTube. Under privacy settings, select "Unlisted" and title with "Your Name – Chets Worship Team Audition"
- Submit. Submit your audition by completing the form below with the YouTube link to your video(s). Feel free to submit other videos of yourself as well.